Making Life More Beautiful
Open Studio Nights
Open Studio Nights occur every Wednesday beginning at 6 pm. Open studio nights are $10 for use of the equipment from 6-10 pm and do not include guided learning time. But Brandy is available to demo, answer questions, and assist with whatever you're working on.
There are 4 benches available for use and the shop is OPEN for anyone to swing by and pick up whatever they need :)
PLEASE NOTE: There will be NO OPEN STUDIO on:
July 21st, 2021
August 25th, 2021
November 25th, 2021 (Happy Thanksgiving!)
- Sat, Jul 31Arrow CreativeJul 31, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PMArrow Creative, 653 Philadelphia St, Memphis, TN 38104, USALearn to work with metal and create real, soldered silver jewelry with a minimal investment! You'll learn basic metal handling, hand tools and soldering techniques (using a small, safe butane torch). Students will complete a necklace chain or bracelet chain in class.
- Sat, Aug 14BMB DesignsAug 14, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PMBMB Designs, 6266 Stage Rd, Bartlett, TN 38134, USADo you see amazing rings and bracelets with bezels set on a curved surface and wonder how that happens? Maybe tube vessel pendants would be more your thing if you knew how to add some bling to them. If you want to know how to make it happen, this is the class for you!
- Fri, Aug 27Sawtooth Visual Arts SchoolAug 27, 9:00 AM – Aug 28, 5:30 PMSawtooth Visual Arts School, 251 N Spruce St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101, USALearn how to make the perfect metal clay piece for enameling! We will create pieces using two techniques- champlevé and cloisonné. It is the student’s choice to create pendants or earrings (or mix it up!)
- Fri, Sep 10Arkansas Craft SchoolSep 10, 9:00 AM CDT – Sep 11, 4:00 PM CDTArkansas Craft School, 101 N Peabody Ave, Mountain View, AR 72560, USAHave you always wanted to learn how to make jewelry using metals like sterling silver and copper, but felt intimidated by the cost of getting started? Soldering real silver jewelry doesn't require a set up that costs hundreds of dollars!
- Fri, Oct 01Arkansas Craft SchoolOct 01, 9:00 AM – Oct 02, 4:00 PMArkansas Craft School, 101 N Peabody Ave, Mountain View, AR 72560, USAJoin instructor Brandy Boyd for this 2-day workshop in her popular and low-investment Kitchen Table Silversmithing Series. This class is all about making containers in metal - lockets, reliquaries, trinket boxes and hollow forms.
About BMB Designs
Located in the heart of Bartlett, BMB Designs houses the classroom, retail supply shop, and gallery space for artist and instructor Brandy Boyd.
Offering a wide range of classes from beginner metal clay classes, basic silver-smithing, to enameling, fold forming and more, BMB Designs also carries many of the tools and supplies to take what you learn in class further. Since we opened our doors in the late fall of 2012, we've increased the variety of tools and materials offered to include Swarovski crystals, tools from EuroTool and Beadsmith, Art Clay, 5-star metal clay, artisan cut semiprecious gemstones, and much more!
Brandy is a certified Senior Instructor with Art Clay World, has certification in New Mokume Gane, received Level 2 certification from PMC connection, is a Camp PMC instructor, and wrote the Camp PMC Enameling Artisan Certification course. She has been teaching metal clay and other small metals techniques since 2007.
You can find her jewelry at the Metal Museum and Arrow Creative in Memphis, the gallery at Arkansas Craft School in Mountain View, mid-south arts and crafts shows such as Pink Palace and RiverArts, and in the shop at BMB designs.